It was in the era of Bobby Jones, Walter Hagen, and Tommy Armour that Noblesville citizens were inspired to build a golf course. Consistent with the spirit of volunteerism that marks our city today, the course was initially prepared by ten men engaging in seven tractor teams. With plans from a prominent golf course architect in Chicago and the advisory assistance from popular course designer Bill Diddle. Money and labor were donated along the way. One June 15, 1927, about a year after the start, the course was turned over to the city, free of debt. The course had cost just over $4,000.00. A season pass was sold for $7.50 and greens fees were .50�. The course opened for play June 16, 1927, marking it as Hamilton County's first golf course.